Aug 23rd, 2019
Yosemite National Park, California
Come learn how to capture extremely high-resolution photographic images with extreme detail!
The landscape of Yosemite entices photographers from the beginning amateur, to the consummate professional. Join us in Yosemite National Park to learn how to capture these stunning vistas, in the extremely high-resolution only a panoramic image can provide!
This workshop is focused (literally) on teaching you all the techniques required to capture, stitch and print single and multi-row panoramic images.
We will operate this workshop in Yosemite National Park as well as learning in the classroom (we have a meeting area for the classroom portion of this workshop), to teach you from beginning to end, everything you need to know to capture extremely high-resolution panoramic images!
- How to find the “nodal” point to eliminate parallax
- Critical camera settings required for the consistency needed for high quality panoramic photographs
- How to capture single and multi-row panoramic scenes — we will visit multiple locations!
- How to prepare your images for “stitching” (combining them into one single image)
- Best practices for stitching to ensure the highest quality end result
Day 1 (Hands-on Classroom):
1pm-4pm: Gear review, Pano techniques classroom lecture, Finding the nodal point exercise
4pm: Q&A Conclusion
5pm-6pm: Glacier Point Panoramic Shoot
7pm-8:30pm: Tunnel View Panoramic Shoot
Day 2 (All Day in-field shooting):
9am: Depart for Tuolumne Meadows
10am-11am: Dana Meadows Panoramic Shoot
12pm-1:30pm: Puppy Dome Panoramic Shoot
2pm-3:30pm: Lunch Break in Tuolumne
3:45pm-5:30pm: Pothole Panoramic Shoot
6:15pm-7pm: Olmstead Point Panoramic Shoot
7:30pm: Drive back to Hotel
Day 3 (Classroom post-processing):
8am-9am: Downloading images, sorting & organizing
9am-10:30am: In-depth stitching session
10:30am-12pm: Post Stitch processing
What is/isn’t included?
The workshop/tour price includes:
- All workshop instruction
- All on-location transportation
The workshop/tour price DOES NOT include:
- Transportation to/from our meeting location
- Staff gratuities
- Travel insurance